Cantine di Marzo


Tufo, Italy
Cantine di Marzo

In 1647 Scipione di Marzo fled his hometown and settled in Tufo where he built his winery. 

In 2009, the di Marzo estate has passed under the control of the di Somma family, direct descendants of the di Marzo, the founders of the estate. The goal is to bring it to a level that reflects the four hundred year old tradition of one of Italy’s oldest wineries, the first to have ever produced the Greco di Tufo wine. 

The estate owns 23 hectares of Greco and Aglianico vineyards located around Tufo in the villages of Santa Lucia, San Paolo and Santa Paolina at an altitude that varies from 250 m to 500 m above sea level. The soil is mostly clay and limestone on gentle slopes oriented mostly south west.